BACA Anatomical Art Competition
BACA members from all around the world are invited to submit an original drawing, painting, sketch or digitally created artwork for BACA Anatomical Art Competition. The artwork must demonstrate a clear connection to anatomy. The focal point of the image must be anatomical, anatomy depicted in the image must be correct; however, inclusion of non-anatomical objects is acceptable. The artwork may be representational/figurative or abstract. Artwork must be created under the theme of “Beneath skin”.
The competition is open to all BACA members from around the world. There are two categories:
- Student and early-career category: BACA members who are undergraduate and postgraduate students who are enrolled in a full-time programme at a recognised teaching institution and professionals (anatomists, medical artists, clinicians) whose last educational qualification (first degree, master’s, or PhD) was NOT more than five years ago (must be a BACA member).
- Professional and specialist category: Professionals (anatomists, medical artists, clinicians…etc.) whose last educational qualification (first degree, master’s, or PhD) was more than five years ago (must be a BACA member).
Images should be no smaller than 2MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files with a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Entries to be submitted to [email protected] by 16:00 hours BST, Nov 1st 2021 as attachments. Your submission will be acknowledged. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The submission consists of two parts:
- An image representing the artwork (single colourful graphical image as a JPEG or TIF file with a minimum resolution of 300dpi, maximum size of 3.0 MB)
- Completed submission form (downloadable below).
- By submitting an image, you are confirming that you give BACA the right and permission to use your image in BACA’s website/newsletter/promotional materials and other media.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby accept the competition rules.
- Entries submitted:
- Must be owned and authored by the submitting author. Must not contain personally identifiable information or watermarks or signatures.
- Artwork must be submitted digitally.
- Every member is allowed a maximum of three entries. Each entry must have a completed submission form.
- Must not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content or/and any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
BACA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the submission requirements stated above. BACA also reserves the right to cancel, terminate modify or suspend the competition as deemed appropriate.
BACA recognises the submitting author as the owner of the artwork. Applicants submitting artwork must own the copyright of the artwork. By submitting an entry, you are granting BACA a non-exclusive, irrevocable license for any use of your artwork in, but not limited to, BACA’s website, newsletter, promotional materials and other media.
The winning artwork of each category will receive the following:
- £100 cash prize
- A digital Award Certificate
- An invitation to attend and exhibit the winning image at the next BACA meeting.
- International publicity by having their winning art presented on BACA website and other media.